Risk Factors of Ovarian Cancer
There are several risk factors associated with ovarian cancer. Presence of these risk factors does not mean a woman will develop ovarian cancer. If you have one or more of the following risk factors, please discuss them with your healthcare provider.
- Family history of ovarian cancer
- Genetic mutation – BRCA 1, BRCA2 or Lynch syndrome
- Previously diagnosed with breast, uterine, colorectal or cervical cancer
- Of Ashkenazi Jewish decent
- Never given birth or have had difficulties getting pregnant