A cancer diagnosis can be a life-changing event, and it’s normal to feel overwhelmed and uncertain about what comes next. Understanding what to expect after a cancer diagnosis can help you prepare for the journey ahead and make informed decisions about your care.
- Treatment options: After a cancer diagnosis, your Clearview Cancer Institute healthcare team will work with you to develop a treatment plan that is tailored to your specific needs. Treatment options may include surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy, or immunotherapy. Your healthcare team will discuss the pros and cons of each treatment option with you, and help you make the best decision for your situation.
- Side effects: Cancer treatment can cause a wide range of side effects, including fatigue, nausea, hair loss, and changes in skin and nails. Your CCI care team will work with you to manage these side effects and help you feel as comfortable as possible during treatment.
- Support: Cancer can be a difficult and emotional journey, and it’s important to have a support system in place. This may include friends and family, support groups, or a therapist. CCI offers support groups, social services and financial services to support you during your cancer journey.
- Follow-up care: After treatment, you will need to have regular follow-up appointments with your CCI healthcare team to monitor your progress and check for any signs of recurrence. These appointments may include physical exams, imaging tests, and blood tests.
- Lifestyle changes: Cancer treatment can affect your physical and emotional well-being, and it’s important to make lifestyle changes that will help you stay healthy. This may include eating a healthy diet, getting regular exercise, and avoiding smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
The team at CCI knows a cancer diagnosis can be difficult and overwhelming, but with the right care and support, you can manage the journey, and we will be with you, every step of the way.