Clearview Cancer Institute (CCI) offers all the amenities needed in an outpatient cancer setting. With 13 community-based clinics across north Alabama, CCI can provide excellent cancer care at the best possible price.
According to recent studies, patients save up to 42%* on chemotherapy treatment when referred to and treated in a community-based practice, such as Clearview Cancer Institute. Additional cancer care costs were also significantly lower for patients treated in a community-based setting, saving patients up to 38%* overall, studies show.
*Lucio Gordan, MD; Marlo Blazer. PharmD, BCOP; V1shal Saundankar, MS: Denise Kazzaz. Susan Weidner. MS; and Michael Eaddy, PharmD. PhD AJMC.com. March 2019 Cost Differential of lmmuno-Oncology Therapy Delivered at Community Versus Hospital Clinic
t Winfield L, Muhlestein D. Cancer treatment costs are consistently lowe1· in the community setting versus the hospital outpatient department: a systematic review of the evidence. Leavitt Partners website. leavittpartners.com/whitepaper/cancer-treatment-costs-are-consistently-lower-in-the-communitysetting-versus-the-hospital-outpatient-department. Published March 30, 2017 Accessed August 30, 2018
Staying local for cancer care can have many benefits for patients and their families. Here are just a few:
- Convenience: Staying close to home for cancer treatment eliminates the need for long distance travel and allows patients to continue their daily routines as much as possible. This can be especially important for patients who may be undergoing cancer treatment like chemotherapy, as these treatments can cause fatigue and other side effects.
- Support from loved ones: Having the support of friends and family during cancer treatment can be incredibly important for both the physical and emotional well-being of patients. Staying local allows patients to have their loved ones nearby for regular visits and support.
- Cost savings: Traveling for cancer treatment can be costly, including expenses for transportation, lodging, and meals. Staying local can help reduce these costs and ease the financial burden on patients and their families.
- Familiarity with doctors and facilities: When patients stay local for cancer treatment, they are more likely to be treated by doctors and at facilities that they are already familiar with. This can provide a sense of comfort and trust, and can also make it easier for patients to communicate with their care team.
- Continuity of care: Staying local for cancer treatment can help ensure continuity of care, as patients are more likely to receive follow-up treatments and check-ups from the same doctors and facilities. This can be especially important for patients with complex cases, as it can help ensure that treatment decisions are based on a thorough understanding of the patient’s medical history and condition.
Some patients may require specialized treatments that are only available at certain medical centers, and the CCI physicians will always offer the appropriate referral if that is the case. Also, patients are always welcome to get another opinion about the best treatment plan for them. However, for many patients, staying local can be a viable and beneficial option. It is important to consider all options and consult with your doctor to determine the best plan of care for you. If you stay in north Alabama for cancer treatment, know that CCI is equipped to provide you with an individualized care plan and the latest medical advancements to treat your cancer.