At Clearview Cancer Institute, we’re honored to provide cancer care that extends far beyond the treatment plan. In 2021, CCI facilitated more than $3.4 million in savings for our patients by working on their behalf to get patients the resources they need. At CCI, every oncologist has a dedicated social worker focused on educating, advocating for and connecting patients to resources in the clinic and throughout the community.
“Receiving a cancer diagnosis can be challenging and overwhelming to manage. As a social worker, I strive to help patients restore, maintain and enhance their quality of life. It’s truly rewarding to link my patients with resources they need to help ease this burden,” said Kelli Bates, a licensed social worker at our Shoals clinic.
Social workers focus on helping patients in active treatment. If a patient’s income has been significantly impacted by treatment or they are unable to afford elements of their care, patients are encouraged to request to speak to a social worker.
Additional highlights of 2021:
- 3 oncologists joined the team, Dr. Heather Brody, Dr. Dan Kingsley, Dr. Ben Miriovsky
- 4 Advanced Practice Providers joined the team
- 50 providers treated patients at 10 locations
- 32,305 chemotherapy treatments were administered
- 1,765 patients had a low dose lung screening to check for lung cancer
- 27 patients found lung through the lung screening
- 1,321 patients learned about their risk for heredity cancer with genetic counseling and testing
Clearview Cancer Institute is North Alabama’s largest cancer treatment center. Clearview focuses on the diagnosis, treatment follow-up after care, and prevention of all types of cancers and blood disorders.