Preparing For Appointments
Remember, it is very important for you to arrive at Clearview at your scheduled appointment time so your visit, treatment, or test can be completed as planned. If you are unfamiliar with our facility, please allow extra time for travel, parking, and registration.
For your first appointment, please remember to:
- Arrive 45 minutes prior to your appointment if you have not already filled out your new patient paperwork
- Bring all completed paperwork you may have received in the mail
- Bring all insurance cards
- Bring a list of current medications (always keep a current list with you)
- Bring a note pad and pen for taking notes
- Bring a friend or family member
Arriving for chemotherapy appointment:
- When you are receiving chemotherapy treatments, drink at least 8 – 12 eight-ounce glasses of fluids the day prior to treatment, the day of treatment and the day after treatment.
- Dress in layers such as sweaters or jackets which may be removed if you become warm or put on if you become cold.
- If you are cold, ask a volunteer for a blanket from our blanket warmer. Wear front button shirts if you have a central venous catheter (port) which needs to be used for your treatment.
- Bring only one family member (13 years of age or older) or friend during your treatment.
- Please avoid bringing foods with strong odors into the infusion area.
- Please avoid wearing strong smelling perfumes/lotions so as to be considerate to other patients’ sensitivities.
- Our patients are offered small snacks and beverages at no charge from our hospitality cart that is staffed by our volunteers.
Canceling Your Appointment
You will be charged $50.00 for appointments that have not been cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the appointment. We have patients who may need to be seen immediately, so canceling your appointment with a 24 hour notice, opens up the appointment slot for someone else. Please know that this fee is not reimbursable by insurance. Thank you for your understanding.